The Hills Valley Coalition For Resilient Youth
Our mission is to educate and inform the community-at-large about how to promote a healthy, safe, substance and stigma free environment that encourages the development of a positive lifestyle for our youth and reduces at-risk teen behavior.
The organization was established 17 years ago with the school districts’ partnership with law enforcement, municipal leaders and residents to unify our prevention efforts and community resources in Hillsdale, River Vale, Montvale, and Woodcliff Lake.
We have maximized our workforce and productivity by uniting the 4 town Municipal Alliances as one Hills/Valley Coalition
Committed HVC Members from each town include:
Parents/Residents, Students, Community Business Members, Law Enforcement, School Officials,
Mayors/Municipal Leaders, Health Providers
• The reduction of chronic underage drinking, substance abuse and high risk teen behavior.
• Unified networking between municipal leaders, law enforcement, school officials and community members.
• Support for at-risk teens and their families.
• Parent and teen networking.
• Promoting safe homes and safe community environments.
How Do We Accomplish Our Goals?
• HVC Newsletters
• Parent and Student Programs
• Local Schools, Libraries and Police Departments are linked to HVC Website
• Unify Community Resources
• Quarterly Community Meetings With Reps From Each Town To Satisfy The Muncipal Alliance Requirement For Funding
The Hills/Valley Coalition for Resilient Youth “HVC” is an alliance of community members, municipal leaders, health providers, law enforcement officers, and school officials who are committed to prevention education for a safe and substance free environment for youth and families in Hillsdale, Montvale, River Vale and Woodcliff Lake.
Our Mission is to educate and inform the community-at-large about how to promote a healthy, safe, and substance-free environment that encourages the development of a positive lifestyle for our youth and reduces at-risk teen behavior.
This non-profit organization is staffed entirely by volunteers, who work hard to promote a healthy lifestyle message. The Coalition was founded in 1996 and since that time has accomplished many important tasks.
- The “Hills/Valley Coalition News” – a quarterly newsletter to inform and educate parents about teenage issues which relate to the promotion of healthy lifestyle choices.
- Organizing and presenting parent programs on relevant topics (i.e. Club Drugs, Host Liability, Binge to Blackout, Wired Kids, Pharming in the Garden State, Teen Depression, Parenting: Who's Ruling the Roost) for parents of middle and high school students.
- Promote “Safe Homes” program.
- Encouraging alternative substance-free activities for teens in the community.
- Assistance in reviewing sound school policies regarding alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in and around school.
- Publicizing school prevention efforts on local access television programs.
- Maintain a HVC Website www.hilsvalleycoalition.org to enlighten and motivate community members and organizations to take positive actions.